Tuesday 8 September 2009

Flushing Meadows: Gutless and Armless...



"I don't think she did anything too well. I just did unforced errors all the time. You don't have to do much. You just have to put the ball back. I was creating the point or I was losing it. This was it."

--Sveta reflects on being Sveta

(Source: BBC)


Sveta rolls over, and the match is called more or less as it happened: Major props to the Woz for hanging in there, and congrats for reaching her first Slam QF, but Sveta really should have put her away in two.

What happened with the Woz happens to Oudin three times over, and we're hearing comparisons being made with Justine Henin, whom she resembles only in height.

Oudin deserves all kinds of crazy props, for being one of the few women players at this year's event to show some steel - more so, considering her age.

And I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but Svetas comments sound a little like Jankovic's 'no weapons' grumpdown after losing to Melanie at Wimbledon this year. You've only yourself to blame love.

"Worst Comb-Over Ever"
(Photo: EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images)

But none of this changes the fact that this has been the worst ladies Slam showing this year, where Melanie's been lucky enough to run into a string of gutless, or in Shaza's case, armless Russian players.

I realise that may not be a popular opinion right now, but there it is.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP