Monday 18 May 2009

Djokovic on Madrid...


“I think that today I played my best tennis on this surface,” he said. “I don't think you need my comments, you could see everything. Next time I'll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit past him. I don't know what to do.”
...

"It's happened too often," said Djokovic, who has been beaten by Nadal in the Monte Carlo and Rome Masters finals in recent weeks. "It's very disappointing to play as well as I have and still lose the match. I played one of my best matches ever.

"I was a couple of points from the victory. I even played a few points above my limits and I still didn't win."

-- Djokovic, after losing to Nadal in the longest three setter in history


Dunno about the two racquets theory, but let me throw this out there. It's barely detectable at times, but I'm sure I'm right about this. As effective as his play has been since returning to form, it's a different brand of tennis.


Different to say Melbourne last year, which was all about pace, yanking his opponent around and going for the lines.He's no longer as concerned about pulling the trigger so quickly, plays with a far greater margin for error and is more willing to come to the net.



I think we might be seeing the next phase in the evolution of his game.


It's not as flamboyant or easy on the eye, but is definitely a step up and should win him more matches long term. Well that's what I think anyway.



(Photo: AP via Eurosport)

blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP