Tuesday 21 June 2011

WombleTown: “Disaster Year”

 



ap-2011062109113307634895
"I never cry, with joy, for anything".


Williams d. Rezai 6-3 3-6 6-1

She’s right. I’ve no doubt that she feels deeply, but that’s just not her style.

For what its worth, I didn’t think she needed to demonstrate her “commitment” to her profession to anyone – she could have gone down in straights in the first round and I’d need no assurance on that front.

Even so, the flood of emotions that erupted within seconds of shaking Aravane’s hand at the net caught everyone by surprise, and left no doubt about it whatsoever.

The best part? Aravane (who’s had her own set of troubles in a different kind of “disaster year”) made it a match.

*Slow clap to both women*
blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP