Saturday 14 November 2009

Paris: Comforting thoughts.

Comforting to know perhaps, that whatever happens from this point on, we’ll have a new winner this week in Paris.

djoko

(Photo: Clive Rose/Getty Images)


There can really be no excuse for Nole not to clean up now. Aside from some wobbles against Big Rob, he’s been playing the most convincing tennis of the week. Not a wholly dissatisfactory outcome if it does come to pass.


Rafa pulled off what I think of as an upset against Tsonga yesterday, when he somehow found his way to some semblance of form. But it was as short lived as many had predicted: ‘RAFA IN FORM NOW – FOR ONE DAY ONLY – CATCH HIM WHILE YOU CAN’.


nadal (Photo: JACQUES DEMARTHON/AFP/Getty Images)


There’s still London, but I’m guessing it’s not just me that thinks it’ll be next year before we see his best once again.


I’m also more than just a little confounded and dumbfounded with what I saw from Big Rob. I’m not quite sure what happened there, but the guy that took to court, with his sunken red eyes, sweating profusely after being on court for little more than one game, was more ‘Bog’ Rob.


Too much partying at Marat’s leaving do, me thinks. Shame. With Fed and Murray going out early, this was an unexpected opportunity to eke out a win and strengthen his bid for London – and as delayed as his arrival was, he did have Djoko on the ropes for a large part of the match.


La Monf has just gone a set and a break up opposite Stepanek as I type; if he does go all the way here -- not wholly impossible for any Last Frenchman Standing in Paris – there will of course be many hoping he can build upon this and realise some of that potential, that still for the most part, remains unfulfilled.


I myself, continue to remain unconvinced of his top ten potential. But it sometimes only takes one of these Masters thingies to change all that.


And given so many people are busy hating upon Stepanek, I’ll throw my hat into his corner too. It’s all very last man standing, but he’s competent, fit and always works for his wins.

I’m willing to overlook a bit of dirty dancing for that.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP