Thursday 5 August 2010

Crying Wolf

 

JJ_Getty

getty

Kleybanova d. Jankovic 7-5 6-2

 

“I had some fear moving because I was afraid I would twist it again,” Jankovic said. “I’m not confident where I have to move side to side and play an intense match. I had a chances in the first set but then I got a little tired. I need to get in shape again.”

 

And this is what Kleybs had to say:

 

“She’s always a great runner and a winner against someone else isn’t always a winner against her,” said Kleybanova, who is now 3-2 against Jankovic but dropped two contests to her earlier this year. “But if I’m playing my best, my ball is fast enough to make winners against her. She was actually moving pretty well today.”

 

Yeah, Kleybs’ ball is fast enough to make winners against anyone, even when not playing her best.

 

As for JJ, I dunno.

 

Losing a 4-1 lead in the first set?

 

She did roll her ankle and hadn’t played on it in two weeks.

 

I’m actually inclined to cut her some slack this time round.

 

JJ wouldn’t be JJ if she didn’t cry wolf now and then. And now. And then.

 

And we all know how that story ends.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP