Wednesday 2 June 2010

Roland Garros: “Pulling a Soderling”. Again


I’m sure I’ll have more to say on this at some point.


And I’m quite sure I was intolerable on twitter today. Apologies for that.


We don’t all always have the luxury of backing the greatest player that ever lived. Some of us back Big Rob. And, well, I’m pretty sure he’s not going to win 23 Grand Slam SFs anytime soon, so we take our victories as they come. And then we bask in them for a very long time.


For now, I’m still reeling in the fact that we got to see the smash-lob again (countered this time), and that Robin managed to win more than a couple of sets.


Hoping for him to execute continuously for three, seemed like folie de grandeur.


The streak had to be broken sometime. It got a deserved moment’s silence in the twittersphere within hours of the result. Perhaps the greatest ever streak in modern sport that, as Matts Wilander put it, will (almost certainly) never be matched.


“No one beats Robin Soderling 13 times in a row”. Bet that’s something you were sure you’d be sick of hearing before you’d even heard it.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP