Wednesday 24 February 2010

Twitterati Illuminati and Free Museum Tickets.

First off, observe if you will the newly created twitter feed to the left.


tweeter

(Credit: wefunction.com)

I’m a Twit. And not quite proud of it.


One day maybe, but right now the only thing I take pride in is how long I held out.


140 character limited dystopia claims another victim.


As you’ve probably noticed it makes the site load slower than Simon Reed’s hate infested inbox, so I’m open to suggestions on any juicy Twitter widgets you may know of (already tried Twitter's own) that can be configured to gel with the look and feel of your site. Until then you'll have to make do with this unsalubrious mess, and it's unTwitter-like date stamps.


Ana Ivanovic has hired Heinz Gunthardt as her new coach.


The Ivanovic management made the announcement, which brings to an end the number 23 player's coaching relationship with the adidas team, still her clothing sponsor.


I know we’ve jumped through this hoop before.


But can we still all breath a great sigh of relief, and take collective solace in this first step in the right direction?


Things really couldn’t get any worse for her, so let’s hope she sees this one through before checking in to Team Adidas once again.


We all know Heinz worked with Steffi Graf. Quite a few of us also know he aided and abetted Brad Gilbert into making Andre and Steffi’s first on court “practice session” a reality.


Just saying. This guys got salubrious history in many spheres.


Muzzard goes down 7-6 (3), 4-6, 6-4 to Tipsarevic.



Undoubtedly a big win for Tipsy, though Muzz was never overly optimistic about his chances at this event, drawing attention instead to the lengthy time he’s spent away in the aftermath of Oz.


"It is always disappointing to lose, but I did not have much expectation from the tournament," Murray said.

"I am coming from a big break after the Australian Open and was not as prepared as I should have been for the tournament. I was still trying out things on the court, rather than playing my normal game."


That may well be true. Some of it, or all of it.


muzz


I also think however, that Tipsy is a dangerously underrated player.


Three years back, I thought he was headed for the top ten. Then Nietzsche and a shed load of brain cramps intervened (in any order or all at once).


"One of the biggest wins, surely," he said. "For me, Murray is a contestant to be No. 1 at the end of the season. He played unbelievable tennis at the Australian Open. He was one of the favorites to win the tournament here, for sure."


It’s not nearly as frequent now, but every so often he delivers a performance that makes me hope. Yes, I’m aware it might offend some people’s sensibilities, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Tipsy in the top ten.


If for no other reason than that he’s a dead ringer for a buddy of ours that used to work in the Natural History Museum.


Every time I see Tipsy – I think free museum tickets.


So now you know.


It ain’t November yet people…


With Fed, Delpo and Nadal already sidelined, and further withdrawals from Davy (wrist) and Llodra (thigh strain), you might be forgiven for thinking it’s already nearing the end of the season.


Tsonga was only spared my virginal wrath on the TwitterSphere, when I was reminded he continues to struggle with a stomach injury he sustained in Oz. Not that I find it difficult to celebrate any time Ljubicic wins big,


It’s further opened up a draw already containing several prominent gaping holes.


I was at first thinking how this would offer up yet another opportunity for Djoko to clean up, except I saw Djoko play today (he won in three against Troicki), and I’m not that convinced he’s about to clean up anything.


There’s also the ‘Red Hot Cilic Pepper’ effect to consider of course. He’s not in Djoko’s half of the draw so the two could meet in the final.


All of that assumes order and harmony.


Except my recent uptake of Twitter has tapped in to a latent primeval desire for chaos and disarray.


Which is why I’ll be rooting for Baggy and Youzhny. Both have been away for far too long, and it’s not for want of effort.


Though there’s also Tipsy and the lure of free museum tickets.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP