Thursday 10 March 2011

Indian Wells: Donald Duck, my eye.




young7

Young d. Murray 7-6 6-3

There really is no way to categorise young Donald’s style of play. Unorthodox? Flamboyant? HELL YEAH.  Not that either of those quite does it justice. I’d say its packed full of riffs and more akin to an “experience”.





(Just so we’re on the same page with respect to “riffs”…)

I don’t have any problems calling out Murray for the theatre of anguish he  inflicts upon us for rather too long every year after Oz. It’s something he’ll have to address for himself. Though I will say that I’ve seen a lot worse.

At some point, however, it was less about his despondent underperformance than it was about Young’s electrifying over-performance. Not that that was ever gonna get in the way of the mickey-taking.

 

Poking fun at Muzz  is all well and good provided you’re prepared, in the same breath (and in as strong terms), to give Young his due for the best performance and biggest win of his career. Not doing so is as blinkered as it is disingenuous.

He probably won’t keep it up. I doubt Hendrix could either.

Donald Duck, my eye.


(Pic: Getty)

blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP