Thursday 20 January 2011

Oz: Time.

 

delpo1

 

 

I have a good start season. I beat Feliciano López last week and today I won another match. That's what I need. I need time, I need matches, I need sets, I need hours into the court. Then in the future, I will be better.

-- Juan Martin del Potro

 

 

Baghdatis d. del Potro 6-1, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3

 

Other than getting (and surviving) some prolonged competitive matchplay, I had practically no expectations from Delpo which means he’s already exceeded mine.

 

Taking out a top 100 player in straights and then getting a set off one of the best shotmakers in the game counts as a win in my book.

 

And aside from a couple of hairy moments where he looked to be alleviating pressure from his wrist (one of which sent his racquet flying out of his hand), he looks to have survived the 2h 42min hour encounter intact.

 

The man says he needs time – which I take to mean months rather than weeks.

 

Welcome back big guy.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP