Wednesday 19 May 2010

Kiri Te Kanawa on Fed-i-ra


We’ve heard it all before of course.


And I’m afraid I do now find it a little tiring when I hear tennis fans speaking of Aesthetics over Power….*splutter*…Brain over Brawn…*cough*….Beauty and the Beast…*wretches painfully*.


Especially as attention to aesthetics so often seems to get in the way of winning.


Only a fool would argue that Federer’s more economic style of play hasn’t been a factor in his career longevity and remarkable ability to remain injury free.


Or indeed that Rafa’s knees haven’t more or less reserved the right to veto any attempts at re-enacting his clay court schedules of 2005-2009.


It is still inspiring, however, to hear such endorsements from outside the world of tennis. Yes, I’m afraid such moments operate as epiphanies for a tennis-nerd.


And frankly, I’d be a little surprised if a full lyric soprano didn’t prefer Fe-di-ra over Nadal.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer

All images on this site have been found in the public domain.
Credit has been given wherever possible.
If you feel your copyright is being infringed upon by any particular image, please contact me and I'll have it taken it down.

You Said...

Powered by Disqus

Receive Updates by Email...

Enter your email address:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP